Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Steve comes for a visit and other things

Our old friend and roommate was in town this week to celebrate his birthday with his family and we were lucky enough to be part of his quick 3 day trip. He came over for about 4 hours today, but had to leave before Caroline got home from school. Last night as we were going to bed we were talking about what we are doing the next day and I mentioned that Steve was going to be here for lunch. She was so sad that she wasn't going to get to see Steve. While he was here he had the great idea to take a picture of himself for her so we snapped a few shots. When she came home she asked if he came over and I said yes. I showed her the pictures and she said that she was sad she missed him today, but she had to go to school.





Griffin Information-
Griffin is still doing great. He turned 2 months old yesterday!!!! He has his 2 month appointment tomorrow so expect a bit more detail and his 2 month pictures tomorrow night!!! He's is such a smiley happy baby and is sleeping in his room already. He's still waking up around 1am, 4 am and 6am, but has a nice stretch from around 8pm to 1am. I wish that long period started later though since I rarely get to bed before 11 and it's usually closer to 12am. Between broken sleep and having to be awake at 6am to get Caroline to school I’m starting to feel the effects of sleep deprivation. Matt took the night shift all last night and he always takes one weekend night which helps. I know it could be much worse so I try not to complain too much.

Caroline Information-
Caroline still loves going to school. She is such the little rule follower and comes home everyday talking about how she was the quietest one so she wouldn’t get in trouble. She says that “Table 1 always gets our drinks first because we are the quietest.” She sits at the table with Raul and Adrian, two little boys who are both “very good too.” I always hear about who got marks and who didn’t. I can pull bits and pieces of other information, but behavior seems to be top priority in her mind. I’m still not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I wish she was that obedient at home! Tonight Caroline was really tired and kind of whiney. Well at one point she says “I haven’t seen Grammy and Gramps for a long time and I think I’m going to start crying soon.” I let her know that they would be back at some point this weekend and that she could see them then. She said “Well I guess that’s ok, but I’m still sad.” I got a call tonight saying they would be home tomorrow night so Caroline won’t have to wait much longer. The other big shocker milestone is that she came home and said "Noah's friend is in love with me and Cheyenne." I felt my heart sink a bit. Where is the "boys are icky" phase?

No comments: