Sunday, August 24, 2008

Caroline's Lunch for Tomorrow

This is Caroline's new "Laptop Lunchbox" with her lunch for her first day of school. I really hope that she continues to want to take her lunch instead of eating in the cafeteria. I'm going to try and be more creative this year to keep her interested. Last year it seemed to be the same thing every day which 3 days a week isn't too bad, but 5 days a week would get SOO boring (although Matt can eat Chik-fil-a 5 days a week for lunch so I guess it isn't much different).

If you haven't tried Greek Yogurt it's worth picking up. I'm not a huge fan of regular yogurt, but this stuff is AMAZING! It is so rich and creamy. I swear there has to be cream cheese in it or something. I've only bought the Fage brand at Market Street, but I was told today the Oikos brand is possibly even better. I'll have to get that next time. I rarely eat yogurt so I'm probably sorely lacking probiotics in my system so now that I've found a yogurt I will eat I'm stoked!



Top Left: Greek Yogurt w/ freeze dried fruit salad (from "Just Tomatoes")
Top Right: Carrots w/ small container of hummus
Bottom Right: Strawberries and Oranges
Bottom Left: Ham and Cheese Sandwich Hearts, two grape tomatoes, and small serving of animal crackers

2 comments:

QuiteContrary said...

OK, Caroline is just too freakishly healthy! My kids would eat the sandwich, strawberries, and cookies - ONLY. Where did you find the laptop lunchbox...too cute?!?

The Duncans said...

She didn't eat the yogurt w/ dried fruit salad. She told me a little boy asked what it was and that she didn't know so she didn't eat it. I told her it was yogurt w/ fruit salad (which I had told her that morning...she even picked it out) and then she informed me that she only likes PLAIN yogurt with no fruit salad.

I got the laptop lunchbox through a co-op, but the site is http://www.laptoplunches.com/ I absolutely love it and want one for myself. We bought the one that comes with a plastic water bottle (12oz) and an insulated bag for it.