Friday, August 22, 2008

Caroline's Meet the Teacher and 5 Year Checkup Update

Meet the Teacher Night -
Caroline will be starting school on Monday at the brand new elem school near here. It's so new they didn't have the permit to have the kids in the school until the night before Meet the Teacher night. It was quite disorganized, but we finally navigated the sea of lines and got the information about lunches and talked to the bus department. Caroline's bus will pick up in our neighborhood at 6:50am. School starts at 8am and is less than 5 miles away from us. She REALLY wants to ride the bus, but I'm not sure we can be up and out by 6:50. If I take her I'd probably leave the house by 7:30 and still get her there with time to socialize before school. I'm going to give them a few weeks to work out the bus kinks before letting her ride. We finally made it to her room and met Mrs Brinkerhoff. She seems like she is going to be a great teacher and loads of fun for the kids. Caroline doesn't seem the least bit scared or nervous about starting kindergarten and I'm trying my best to hide my nervousness around her. I cringed when one of the other parents mentioned how nervous her child was right in front of Caroline. I don't think it's even occured to her to be nervous about starting school. She's just SUPER excited!!! Part of me is sad that my baby is going to kindergarten, but mostly I'm just excited for her to embark on such a great journey in her life. She proves over and over again that she can rise to any situation she's placed in and I think she will thrive in school.

Five Year Checkup:
It's that time again and this year was a very uneventful appointment. They checked stats, went over the standard questions, and gave her a quick once over. She looks wonderful and hopefully won't be back to the doctor for another year. She's moved out of the 98-100%, but is still quite tall for her age. She's now:

Height: 44.9 inches (90%)
Weight: 50 pounds (92%)

We're going into our final weekend before school starts. If I can see through the tears I'll try to post pictures when I get home from dropping her off. I might even be able to get the Party pictures done.

No comments: